Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hey! Its Sketch 114 from 411 :)

...and we're so happy to see you! We're going to jump right in and give you potential measurements for this card.

1. Cut a piece of paper in half at 5.5" (x 8.5") and fold in half.

2. The second layer is cut 4 x 5.25" (to layer on the front of the card)

3. For layer 3, you may want to consider using designer paper. cut at 4" and then at 2 1/2" leaving some room for ripping your edge. I like to do this with my fingers, but there is plenty of tearing edge tools or deco scissors on the market.

4. To add the ribbon, you might use snail adhesive to layer a 5" piece on the front, putting the adhesive on either end, then wrapping it around the back of layer 2 and 3 (already stuck together). You could take another 5" piece and tie that on to make a decorative element, or put something else there completely.

5. For layers 4 and 5, you could create a scene, or if you are using a large stamp, cut the paper (for layer 5) the same size as your wood block, then add 1/4" on two sides, when cutting the matte for this layer.

Thanks for joining us for another quick and simple sketch challenge. We cant wait to see what you come up with!

Here are some creations from our operators.


by: Robin Merriman



by: Gretchen Barron




by: Connie Babbert



by: Tiffany Bauer


Please remember our links close at midnight on Wednesday night!
Saturday Sketch Challenge Participants
1. Cindy Rio
2. Robin Messenheimer
3. Laura Thorpe
4. Sandy S.
5. Kathy White
6. Adair Svoboda
7. Andrea Thompson ~
8. Sharon Carr
9. Jenna Crawford
10. rush
11. Caro
12. Lynn
13. Cannie Hunter
14. Janny Ligtenberg
15. Lisa Kmiec
16. Kathryn Brown
17. Jaydee
18. Reeca L.
19. Gina L.
20. Tory B
21. Diana Robinson
22. Janelle Lavelle
23. Robyn
24. Erna Logtenberg
25. Tee - Teressa Thompson
26. Annemieke Maletzky
27. stamperbeth
28. Maggie Patterson
29. Tamarra Corel
30. Krista Visser-Driessen
31. Nichole Banh
32. Shari Nelson
33. Carole'Anne
34. Lily

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

20 comments:

  1. I love this sketch! It is easy but not too basic. I love Connie's Halloween card. It is just too cute!

    Laura Thorpe
    www.stampingnscrapping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving all the challenges! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sketch this week as usual! The samples just make me want to get stamping! Keep up the wonderful ideas you're sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is the first time i am participating. what fun! rush http://rush8888.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had a "blast" with this one! Thank for the fun sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this sketch and this is my very first time doing a sketch and posting to the respective site. I hope to do lots more.

    Diana Robinson as October Sun

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had fun doing this sketch challenge for our Team Meeting! Thanks for the inspiration!

    Tee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also for me the first time I joined and posted a sketch challenge! Very nice to do, I will participate more often! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super sketch for me to trim the tree!! (stampinly that is! lol!)
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for helping me out of a bad case of stamper's block.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oops! I just realized that my link to the card is actually to my blog! So sorry! I'll get it right next time, promise!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome sketch this week ladies! I'm so sorry that I didn't make it to play last week, but I'm so glad that I got the chance to play this week. Thanks again! You rock!
    Tana Conley
    www.tanaconley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another great one! It's fun to see what everyone does with your sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really liked this sketch! Thanks for making it really easy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI I live in Taiwan, I love your sketch challenge, I am pleased to be able to participate in this ^ ^

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great sketch! I finally had a chance to post the card I made with it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was the 1st time I have done a sketch challenge in a long time. I really had fun and will certainly do it again! Thank you all for the sweet, wonderful comments you left on my blog! It is so encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I made a card with this sketch...I know, it is late but if you'd like to see click on over to my blog. Have a super day!

    http://live-love-laugh-create.blogspot.com/2009/09/thank-you.html

    ReplyDelete