Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Thrifty 3D Wednesday Candy Holder

It's time again for Thrifty 3D Wednesday! This time I'm showing you a candy holder that I made for a Wrapper Swap that I'm participating in at Leadership! Hopefully, everyone who is in the swap will already be on their way so I won't spoil the surprise...even though the one I did for the swap used different papers and stamps!

These hold a Dove Candy Bar and use one sheet of 6x6 Designer Paper, plus some scrap cardstock for trim and the tag!

Supplies:

Hostess Level 1 In Color 6x6 Designer Paper

2 x 6 Whisper White

Scraps for tag and trim

Scallop Edge Punch
Crop A Dile
Ribbon
Scoring Tool

Options:
Cupcake Punch
Decorative Label Punch
Wide Oval Punch
Word Window punch
Bring on the Cake greeting
Concord Crush Classic Ink


Step 1

Choose Designer Paper. I used the Hostess Level 1 In Color Patterns in Concord Crush. One 6x6 for base and I cut the second one for the trim.





Step 2

Score one end of base 6x6 at 1-1/2".
Cut strip of second paper for trim.
Adhere to edge of flap.
















Step 3

Trim 2 x 6 Whisper White with Scallop Edge Punch and adhere under flap for extra reinforcement.












Step 4

Photo with trim piece and scallop edge added.














Step 5

Roll bottom of Designer Paper up so that bottom touches score line on the inside of the roll. Do NOT crease the bottom.








Step 6

While holding securely, use Crop a Dile to punch two holes for ribbon.






Step 7


Place ribbon thru holes and tie, add tag if desired.

I punched the Decorative Label from Blushing Bride. I added the Cupcake Punch from Blushing Bride and Concord Crush Designer Papers to a Wide Oval Punch of Whisper White and added a Rhinestone Jewel to the top of the cupcake. I punched a hole at the top with the Crop a Dile.

I stamped Spoil Yourself Today from Bring on the Cake stamp set in Concord Crush Classic Ink on Whisper White and punched with the Word Window Punch.

Have fun using different Designer Papers and decorations for this quick and easy Candy Wrapper! Let me know if you make one...would love to see it!



5 comments:

  1. I love this idea! So much fun to "dress up" little gifts like this ---give them the "homemade from the heart" feel! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is perfect. I even have that paper pad too - as well as some older Bacis Grey and this is just the thing to do with these papers. Thanks for the simple instructions as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to know who created the card with the green bow and tulip border embossing folder - it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Connie! This is so pretty! Have bookmarked to CASE! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Connie for a great tutorial. I will definintely be CASE-ing it.

    ReplyDelete