Thursday, April 28, 2011

Takin' It To the Top Thursday with Hello Blossoms!

Happy Thursday morning to you and welcome to another monthly edition of Takin' It To the Top Thursdays on Stamping 411! This is the monthly feature where I take one basic card and step-it-up two more times to show you just how easily you can dress up your cards and projects with a few simple additions. By adding extra layers, texture, and embellishments you can take your project from basic to beyond!

Today's cards all feature the darling new individual stamp from Stampin' Up! called Hello Blossoms. It will be available in the Summer Mini Catalog beginning on May 1st. I think this little stamp is destined to be a best seller ... it's happy and bright, fun and whimsical and perfect for a summer-time thinking of you note. Perfect as well for today's edition of Takin' It To the Top!

So, here's the first card for today. Basic with just a few layers and not a lot of embellishments. It's still a great card and perfect for beginning stampers or when you need to make quick multiples.





The card base is Daffodil Delight cut at 4.25 x 5.5", scored and folded. I added a layer of Melon Mambo Cardstock cut at 2.75 x 3.75" and then Whisper White cut at 2.5 x 3.5". I applied Stampin' Write Markers directly to the rubber using the colors of Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Perfect Plumb, Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist and Melon Mambo. Add a bit of 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon and a bow and the card is complete!





But look what a difference just a few simple changes makes! For this second card, I added an additional layer with a Certainly Celery Cardbase and the Daffodil Delight layer cut at 4 x 5.25". I also dressed it up a bit with the Big Shot and the Tulip Border Impressions Folder. The Melon Mambo and Whisper White layers and the stamping are all the same. But I added a small strip of Old Olive Cardstock punched with the Scallop Border Punch at the bottom before applying the ribbon and bow. See, just a few smiple changes but what a difference it makes for this card!










Now here's the final card. Again, just a couple of additons are all I did to change this one up and Take It To the Top! I added a double bow, instead of the tied-on faux bow in the previous two cards. And I gave some movement and dimension to the card with a whole flock (is that the right word for a group of butterflies? If you know, leave me a comment!) of tiny, colorful butterflies cut with the Beautiful Wings Embosslet and the Big Shot. That's it ... those are the only additions for this final card. But those two additons make this darling little card even more happy and bright than before. And what a thrill this card will bring to the one who receives it!











Well, that will about wrap it up for this edition of Takin' It To the Top!









I hope you've enjoyed seeing how you can take one basic card and step it up with just a few simple additons!










If you get ambitious this week and decide to take on of your creations to the top, stop back and leave us your link below. We would love to see how you Take it to the Top this Week!






Thanks so much for visiting today! All the Stamping 411 Operators hope you've been back soon!






Blessings, Gretchen






4 comments:

  1. Oh so delicate and beautiful! This stamp set just made the wish list! Thanks for sharing Gretchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed at how much difference a couple little changes make a card go from nice to wow! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a fun challenge that made me take a second and third look at all my cards. I'm posting one I remade from my stash of finished (or should I say "un-finished!")birthday cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aahhh, so cute!! I love how summery it feels. You did an excellent job with all 3 of these cards.

    ReplyDelete