Thursday, June 7, 2012

Color Inspiration Challenge with a Twist

Wow!  It's June.....already!!!!  I think I've been in denial that June was coming because my baby graduates from high school.  My goodness.....time really does fly!

Just thinking about Amanda's graduation had me thinking about this month's Stamping 411 Color Inspiration Challenge.

Let's try something different this month.  Rather than me giving you specific colors to work with, I am challenging our readers to make a project using your high school's colors.

I graduated from John Jay High School in Hopewell Junction, New York.   We were called the Patriots, and our school colors were a dark and medium blue.

I chose to make my card with Midnight Muse (a brand new In Color) and Marina Mist.   Ooooohhh, these colors look so pretty together!!!!



I also played with a brand new stamp set called Everything Eleanor.  I just love this plaque image.  It's the perfect backdrop for so many things.  I love the simplicity of just adding a sentiment (from Petite Pairs).  In fact, the simplicity of this card is what makes me love it so much.  All it needed was some texture (from my Square Lattice embossing folder) and some ribbon (Marina Mist Scalloped Polka Dot ribbon).

So, are you ready to take the "high school color challenge"?  I hope so!!!!!   I'm going to put a Linky Tool at the bottom of this post so you can link your project's web address to our blog.  You have the entire month to work on this challenge!!!!  I can't wait to see your high school colors in all their glory!

3 comments:

  1. Love the color combo. I see you hail from the Hudson Valley. I'm still there but a little further north of Hopewell Junction. Are you still enjoying this beautiful area?

    ReplyDelete
  2. John Jay caught my eye too... I used to work next door at IBM. I'm not far away in Poughkeepsie.

    ReplyDelete